- As of April 1, 2021, VISITAX comes into force to facilitate the payment of the foreign tourist usage fee.
- Payment can be done through the web portal http://visitax.gob.mx/
- Foreign tourists can pay before or during their stay in Quintana Roo.
Cancun, Quintana Roo, March 31, 2021. - The State Ministry of Finance and Planning (SEFIPLAN), through the Quintana Roo State Tax Administration System (SATQ), announces the entry into force as of April 1, 2021, of the payment of the usage fee for those foreign tourists who have vacationed in the State.
The VISITAX web portal is a technological tool that allows foreign tourists to make the payment of $224 Mexican pesos before and/or during their stay. Proof of payment (exemplified below) must be downloaded to be presented at the airport prior to departure. In case of not having completed the process in advance, tourists will receive assistance at the airport to do it at that time.
To make the payment, tourists must fill out a simple form at http://visitax.gob.mx/ with the following information:
- Number of people traveling,
- Name, age, and passport number – individually,
- Departure date,
- Make electronic payment safely.
It is important to note that, if traveling with family or in a group, the payment can be made in a single exhibition with individual receipts, as long as the required information is fully loaded into the portal. Also, visitors crossing the southern border with Belize by land will have a 100% fiscal stimulus; therefore will not have to make the payment.
Cancún, Quintana Roo